So, you are a newcomer to the world of Fallout 4 and are just starting up the game. Of course, you are ready for the challenges the wasteland has for you, but are you ready for the stat loadout screen?
The first time I saw the request to choose my stats and perks I had no clue what I was doing. So, to help you not be in the same situation, I am using this guide to explain the stats and perks. So, check this guide out if you want to know how to allocate your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. POINTS.
What does S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stand for?
When you start your game up, you receive 21 stat points which you can allocate to your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. So, what does S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stand for? Well, it is an acronym representing the first letters of all the important stats from the game. S is for strength, I for intelligence and so on.
S – Strength
There are no secrets when it comes to the benefits of having more strength – it increases your physical power.
So, let’s see which perks you can get depending on your strength level:
- Iron Fist – This perk will allow you to deal 20% extra damage with your punches. (5 ranks)
- Big Leagues – It will increase the damage of your melee weapon strikes (20%). (5 ranks)
- Armorer – This perk will let you modify your body armor with basic mods. (4 ranks)
- Blacksmith – A similar perk to the Armorer one. Except that it is for melee weapons instead of armors. (3 ranks)
- Heavy Gunner – This perk increases the damage you do with heavy guns by 20% (5 ranks)
- Strong Back – This perk will add +25 to the weight you can carry. (4 ranks).
- Steady Aim – Enjoy hip-shooting? Take this perk to improve your hip’s accuracy with any gun. (2 ranks)
- Basher – This perk will let you do 25% extra damage with gun bashing. (4 ranks)
- Rooted – If you are standing still, you will both deal extra damage (25%) with melee weapons or punches, and gain 25 damage resistance. (3 ranks)
- Pain Train – Charge into your enemies with your Power Armor, damage and stagger them. Doesn’t work on Robots and huge enemies. (3 ranks)
P – Perception
Depending on your perception levels, you can use these perks:
- Pickpocket – Stealing stuff in Fallout and getting away with it is a lot of fun. And this perk will make it 25% easier. (4 ranks)
- Rifleman – Increases the damage from rifles that are not automatic by 20%. (5 ranks)
- Awareness – With this perk, you will be able to see specific resistances of your target in the Vault-Tec system.
- Locksmith – Another perk for thieves. With it, you will be able to open Advanced locks. (4 ranks)
- Demolition Expert – With this perk, your explosives will deal 25% extra damage. You will also be able to craft explosives at Chemistry Stations.
- Night Person – This perk will add extra 2 points to your intelligence and perception during the night. (2 ranks)
- Refractor – This perk will give you +10 to energy resistance. You can take it up to 5 times.
- Sniper – This perk lets you hold your breath for longer while sniping. (3 ranks)
- Penetrator – This perk will let you use V.A.T.S. to target body parts of the enemies that are behind cover. (2 ranks)
- Concentrated Fire – Every time you target the same body part, the shot will have +10% accuracy. (3 ranks)
E – Endurance
The perks that you can take with Endurance are all about resisting damage and avoiding poison and other negative effects.
- Toughness – This perk will give you +20 to damage resistance. (5 ranks)
- Lead Belly – With this perk, eating or drinking will cause you to take fewer rads. (3 ranks)
- Life Giver – This perk increases your maximum health by 20. (3 ranks)
- Chem Resistant – Using chems to boost your stats can lead to addiction. This perk halves the chance of it happening to you. (2 ranks)
- Aquaboy – You no longer have to fear water. You can breathe underwater as well as avoid any radiation damage from it.
- Rad Resistant – This simple perk gives you +10 to radiation resistance. (3 ranks)
- Adamantium Skeleton – With indestructible bones, your limbs take 30% less damage. (3 ranks)
- Cannibal – You can now eat your victims to heal yourself. (3 ranks)
- Solar Powered – This perk will let you have extra 2 points in strength and endurance during the day.
C – Charisma
Let’s quickly go through the perks Charisma offers you:
- Cap Collector – Immediately increases the prices you get during trades. (3 ranks)
- Lady Killer – Charm can be dangerous. Not only can you persuade women easier, but you also deal 5% extra damage to them in combat. (3 ranks)
- Lone Wanderer – Sometimes, you don’t want any companions. And, if you have none, this perk will reduce the damage you take by 15% and increase your carry weight by 50. (3 ranks)
- Attack Dog – Is Dogmeat your best friend? Well, why not put him to work and have him hold your enemies to improve your V.A.T.S. shots. (3 ranks)
- Animal Friend – Have a chance to pacify wild animals by aiming your gun at them peacefully. (3 ranks)
- Local Leader – Manage your workshop settlements and set up supply lines. (3 ranks)
- Party Boy – If you love partying, knowing that you are immune to alcohol addiction can make your day. This perk helps with that. (3 ranks)
- Traditional – This perk will increase the damage your companions deal. They also won’t deal any damage to you. (3 ranks)
- Wasteland Whisperer – Similar to the Animal Friend perk, except that it works on Wasteland creatures. (3 ranks)
- Intimidation – Have the chance to appease human opponents as well by aiming your gun at them. (3 ranks)
I – Intelligence
Level up faster and enhance your crafting and technical skills.
- V.A.N.S. – Use V.A.T.S. to check the shortest path to your quests.
- Medic – Improve the effectiveness of Stimpaks and Radaway to 60% (4 ranks)
- Gun Nut – Mod your ganks with base and rank one mods. (4 ranks)
- Hacker – You can start hacking terminals with advanced protection. (4 ranks)
- Scrapper – You will now be able to salvage screws, copper, and aluminum from weapons and armors. (2 ranks)
- Science! – Start modding your tech. (4 ranks)
- Chemist – Increase the duration of chems you use by 50% (4 ranks)
- Robotics Expert – This perk lets you hack robots, turn them off (or on) and tell them to self-destruct. (3 ranks)
- Nuclear Physicist – Increase the damage of radiation weapons by 50%. You also gain 25% extra duration for your fusion cores. (3 ranks)
- Nerd Rage – Gain bonus damage and damage resistance (20% and +20 respectively) when under 20% health.
A – Agility
Increase your stealth capabilities and use V.A.T.S. more often.
- Gunslinger – Gain an extra 20% damage when using handguns that are not automatic. (5 ranks)
- Commando – Increase your automatic weapons damage by 40% and improve your accuracy while hip-firing (5 ranks)
- Sneak – Improve your sneaking abilities by 20% (5 ranks)
- Mister Sandman – Gain the ability to kill enemies who are asleep – instantly. Also, deal 15% extra damage when using weapons with silencers (3 ranks)
- Action Boy – Regenerate your Action Points at a 25% faster rate (2 ranks)
- Moving Target – Gain additional 25 damage and energy resistance while running (3 ranks)
- Ninja – Further improve your sneaking. Sneak attacks with ranged weapons deal 250% damage. And sneak melee attacks will do quadruple damage (3 ranks)
- Quick Hands – Significantly improve your reload.
- Blitz – Increase your melee attack threat during V.A.T.S. sequences. (3 ranks)
- Gun-Fu – Use a deadly combination of gunplay and martial arts. Gain a 25% damage increase to V.A.T.S. targets past the first one.
L – Luck
Increase your looting results and critical strike chances with the Luck stat.
- Fortune Finder – Increase the number of bottle caps you find in containers. (3 ranks)
- Scrounger – Increase the amount of ammo you find in containers. (4 ranks)
- Bloody Mess – Increase the damage you deal in combat by 10%. (4 ranks)
- Mysterious Stranger – A Mysterious Stranger will occasionally show up when you use V.A.T.S. and help you out. (3 ranks)
- Idiot Savant – Triple your experience gain at random moments. The chances for this will increase the lower your intelligence is.
- Better Criticals – Improve your crit damage by 50%. (3 ranks)
- Critical Banker – Save your critical shots for later, so you can use them in V.A.T.S. (3 ranks).
- Grim Reaper’s Sprint – Getting a kill during V.A.T.S. has a chance to replenish your Action Points. (2 ranks)
- Four Leaf Clover – Gain a chance to fill your Critical meter with every V.A.T.S. hit you land. (5 ranks)
- Ricochet – Gain a chance to ricochet enemy’s shots and kill them with their bullets. (3 ranks)