GWXUX is an application component of a Windows 10 Update. The reference number of this update is KB3035583. Microsoft hasn’t offered any explanation for this update, but according to user reports it installs pop-up windows that invite you to download Windows 10. This problem is very easy to solve and you can do so by using the Troubleshooter or via the Control Panel.
Method #1: Use the Troubleshooter
- Click the Start button.
- Type Troubleshooting in the search box.
- Click the first result.
- Choose Fix Problems with Windows Updates. If it asks you to run as administrator, do so.
- If the Troubleshooter finds any issues, just follow the instructions on the screen.
That’s it, problem solved. If the Troubleshooter doesn’t find any issues, try using method #2.
Method #2: Uninstall the Windows Update
- Go to Control Panel
- Type Windows Updates in the search bar (it’s located in the top right corner). You’ll see a list of updates installed on your computer.
- Find KB303553 in the list.
- Double click to uninstall.
When you are done, the computer will restart. If you want to avoid this type of problems in the future, we advise you to set the updates to manual.